Thank you for your interest in Philly Bully Team! Please read all information below before proceeding!
- We charge a non-refundable deposit of $25 towards the adoption fee. This deposit is reimbursed to our fosters. The deposit is deducted from the adoption fee, if approved and you adopt from us.
- You must be at least 21 to adopt.
- We do not accept applications for dogs that are not promoted as being currently available.
- We require background checks for all applicants, as well as those living in the home. By completing an application, you are agreeing to a background check.
- Please be prepared to show a copy of your deed or lease to our volunteers.
- Once approved, your application is good for 6 months.
- All animals in the home must be current on DHPP/Rabies vaccine, as well as spayed or neutered.
- We may deny an application for any reason.
- Once a volunteer receives your application, they will reach out via email. Applications who do not respond to processors, or fosters within a 48 hour time frame, will have their application discarded.
- Applicants who are a no show for their meet, or cancel last minute, may be subject to their application being discarded.
- After you application is approved, you will be connected with the foster family. When meeting a PHBT dog, you must bring all humans and dogs residing in the home to the meet.
- Please keep in mind that a dog is a 5-15 year commitment. Most of the dogs in our program come from places of abuse, neglect and other mistreatment. They require time, patience and most of them, training. Please do not apply if you do not feel you will be able to give a dog at least 6 weeks to acclimate to their new environment.
- Please keep in mind that applications can take up to 2 weeks to process, due to volume and ensuring that we process applications thoroughly. If it has been more than 2 weeks, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not meet specific criteria for a dog that is detailed in their listing will not have their application processed.
- Typically, we do get more one application per listed animal. We make placement decisions based on the best interest of the animal. Having an approved application does not guarantee you any specific animal.
- Puppies (dogs under 7 months of age) are placed within 2 hours of Philadelphia. We typically do not place female dogs into homes with other female dogs, and we do not adopt out littermates, or two puppies at the same time to the same household unless it is a bonded pair, together.
- Philly Bully Team recognizes that often times, the best placement for puppies 7 months old or younger, are homes with other dogs, to continue to learn from them and for healthy socialization. Because such placements are not always possible, any puppy under 8 months of age, must complete 4 group training sessions or a complete beginner group package training session at a training facility, within 6 months of adoption. Packages or sessions must be purchased before the puppy is able to go home with the adopter, and proof of completed training must be emailed to the rescue by the 6-month anniversary of adoption.
- Additionally, puppies going into homes as only dogs, will only be placed in homes with prior breed experience, and where the adopters are 25 years of age or older.
- The adoption fee (Dogs: $525 for puppies (8 months of age and younger), $425 for adults, $275 for seniors (ages 7 and up), $625 for small dogs (under 35 pounds), and a sliding scale for dogs with major behavior/medical issues based on their needs. Cats: $100 for kittens, $75 for cats, $175 for a pair of kittens.) covers spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccines, 1 month of health insurance, heartworm testing.
- When applying, please give your vet permission to speak to us to help expedite the process.
|Puppies (8 months of age and younger)||$525|
|Small dogs (under 35 pounds)||$625|
|Major behavior/Major Medical||Sliding scale based on needs|
|Pair of kittens||$175|
Includes all age appropriate vaccines, dewormer, spay/neuter and microchip.
The adoption fee covers basic vaccines, spay/neuter, microchip and heartworm testing from one of our approved partners.