Thank you for your interest in Philly Bully Team! Please read all information below before proceeding!
- We charge a non-refundable deposit of $25 towards the adoption fee. This deposit is reimbursed to our fosters. The deposit is deducted from the adoption fee, if approved and you adopt from us.
- You must be at least 21 to adopt.
- We do not accept applications for dogs that are not promoted as being currently available.
- We require background checks for all applicants, as well as those living in the home. By completing an application, you are agreeing to a background check.
- Please be prepared to show a copy of your deed or lease to our volunteers.
- Once approved, your application is good for 6 months.
- All animals in the home must be current on DHPP/Rabies vaccine, as well as spayed or neutered.
- We may deny an application for any reason.
- Once a volunteer receives your application, they will reach out via email. Applications who do not respond to processors, or fosters within a 48 hour time frame, will have their application discarded.
- Applicants who are a no show for their meet, or cancel last minute, may be subjest to their application being discarded.
- After you application is approved, you will be connected with the foster family. When meeting a PHBT dog, you must bring all humans and dogs residing in the home to the meet.
- Please keep in mind that a dog is a 5-15 year commitment. Most of the dogs in our program come from places of abuse, neglect and other mistreatment. They require time, patience and most of them, training. Please do not apply if you do not feel you will be able to give a dog at least 6 weeks to acclimate to their new environment.
- Please keep in mind that applications can take up to 2 weeks to process, due to volume and ensuring that we process applications thouroughly. If it has been more than 2 weeks, please email us at PhillyBullyTeam@yahoo.com. Applicants who do not meet specific criteria for a dog that is detailed in their listing will not have their application processed.
- Typically, we do get more one application per listed animal. We make placement decisions based on the best interest of the animal. Having an approved application does not guarantee you any specific animal.
- Puppies (dogs under 6 months of age) Must go into a home with another younger, playful dog and within an hour of Philadelphia. We do not place female dogs into homes with other female dogs, and we do not adopt out littermates together.
- The adoption fee ($450 for dogs under a year, $350 for dogs over a year, varying fees for senior) covers spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccines, 1 month of health insurance, heartworm testing)
- When applying, please give your vet permission to speak to us to help expedidite the process.
|9 months – 6 years||$350|
Cats are: Kitten- $100, Cats $75, Pair of Kittens $175
Includes all age appropriate vaccines, dewormer, spay/neuter and microchip.
The adoption fee covers basic vaccines, spay/neuter, microchip and heartworm testing from one of our approved partners.